The Practice Support Services Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Project Legal Assistant in the Silicon Valley office. Applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, school transcript and a short writing sample.
The Project Legal Assistant will focus on patent litigation work by assisting our legal staff in preparing for depositions, document productions, and hearings and trials in various courts and agencies including the US Patent and Trademark Office and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Under the appropriate supervision and reporting to the Legal Assistant Manager, the qualified candidate will effectively support attorneys and senior legal assistants on a wide range of legal tasks from case inception through case closure.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists with assembly of exhibits and appendices for court papers, depositions, and trials.
• Organizes paper and electronic documents for use in depositions or trials.
• Maintains indexes and organizes case files and workrooms.
• Indexes and organizes files for off-site storage.
• Assists with document collection, review and production.
• Prepares for and attends depositions, hearings, trials and arbitrations as directed.
• Files and obtains documents at various courts and agencies.
• Utilizes legal research software.
• Conducts research using various resources including databases and the internet.
• Assists with department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of a high school diploma, with a paralegal certificate &/or bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Excellent academic record.
• Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a large workload efficiently and effectively.
• Highly detail-oriented, including the ability to assess and respond to underlying detail issues and implications.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality.
• Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional problem solving skills, critical thinking abilities and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Flexibility to work overtime as necessary, including nights and weekends and travel, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.