The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Proposal Content Writer in the Washington, DC office. The Proposal Content Writer, working with our Business Development and Editorial teams, will play an important role in advocating Arnold & Porter’s value proposition and ensuring that content is high-impact, client-centric and consistent. With a deep understanding of the firm’s litigation, transactional and regulatory capabilities and the evolving legal needs of the world’s top companies, the Proposal Content Writer will employ effective writing and editing skills to develop compelling pitch materials and proposals. This role is dedicated to continuous improvement in communicating the firm’s strengths, value and expertise in practice, industry or general service capabilities. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample for consideration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a key member of the proposal team, working with the technical specialists and business development managers to develop written pitches and proposals that are responsive to client requests and highlight the firm’s value proposition and ability to address client needs. The process will include writing content tailored to the client, customizing pre-existing content to answer questions in a responsive manner, and harmonizing content across practices including voice, style and messaging.
- Crafting and editing compelling content showcasing practice and industry group value proposition and demonstrated client benefit.
- Collaborating with practice area attorneys and business development managers to develop or strengthen credential statements and value-driven practice content.
- Bachelor’s degree; JD strongly preferred.
- Journalism experience a plus.
- Minimum of eight years of related writing experience in a professional services environment.
- Legal services experience required.
- Exceptional writing capabilities, including advanced grammar and proofreading skills.
- Ability to create concise persuasive narrative copy from a bulleted list or abstract ideas.
- Stellar editorial and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint style.
- Previous usage of content library databases a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle several projects at once, work independently, and complete tasks under time pressure, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.