The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porterhas an opening for an Instructional Design/Training Manager in the Washington,DC office. The Manager is responsible for designing comprehensivelearning programs that will enhance the technology user’s ability to work withthe various information technologies, systems, and applications that are usedto support the Firm and its clients. The Manager will create the design andoversee the development of internal and external curriculum includingeLearning, blended learning, virtual training, webinars, online and informallearning solutions using instructional systems design principles andguidelines. The Manager is responsible for the oversight of quality andalignment of all training curriculum content to ensure effectiveness andcompliance as well as supervising the IT training team.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in large scale learning design including blended solutions is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience managing a team of trainers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in assessment of business and learner needs and training design best practices to meet organizational metrics.
- Four-year college degree preferred, equivalent experience considered.
- Previous law firm employment required. Experience in eLearning (Captivate, Articulate, HTML etc.), video development, and virtual training development (Adobe Connect webinars, learning platforms, streaming channels).
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment and within aggressive time frames.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Able to analyze complex business requirements and adopt new methods to develop materials, take preventative measures with projects, programs, and process designs to overcome potential barriers.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems and general knowledge of applications commonly utilized in a law firm environment.
- Must have exceptional judgment, demonstrate flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to lead effectively.
- Use communication, analytical and conflict resolution skills to deliver results-oriented service.
- Strong organizational and communication skills in a dynamic environment are a must.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.