The Research Services Department of Arnold & Porter has (2) openings for a Research Analyst to join our energetic, creative, and global service team. Both positions cover the hours between 9:00 am. - 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time, Monday-Friday, and can be associated with any of the following A&P offices: San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, or Chicago.
Under the direction of the firmwide Research Services management team, Research Analysts respond to research and reference requests from attorneys, legal assistants and administrative personnel in all A&P offices and serve as liaisons to designated practice and industry groups. Research Analysts also assist with current awareness monitoring, curated news preparation, collection development, and other department activities.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with colleagues in the U.S. and abroad to perform legal, business and scientific reference and research using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites.
- Working with designated practice and industry groups to promote and raise awareness of research tools and services by offering targeted research and curated reports, orientations and training, and assistance with collection development by evaluating products and recommending changes.
- Assisting with current awareness services by developing requests, monitoring output and summarizing results.
- Contributing to the development of content for the intranet.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school.
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent, professional level legal and business research experience, preferably in a law firm or other similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make cost-effective use of a wide range of print and online resources, including Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Law 360, Wolters Kluwer, and Bloomberg BNA.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Familiarity with the Quest ticketing system a plus.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritizing multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to analyze, cull and summarize search results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.