Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Facilities Manager in the San Francisco office. The Facilities Manager serves as a liaison to San Francisco and Silicon Valley building management ensuring the firm space is maintained by Arnold & Porter employees, outside vendors and building maintenance. The Manager supervises office moves and office security as well as serves as a project manager for all construction projects within the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices while managing Offices Services and Reception.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with space planning and contracting outside design, construction, electricians and maintenance vendors.
- Managing subleased spaces, including billing and collection of rent, taxes, and operating expenses from subtenants.
- Supervising duplicating, message delivery, mailroom and reception.
- Purchasing stationery, office and pantry supplies and furniture as well as purchasing and maintaining office equipment.
- Processing vendor invoices.
- Serving as liaison to building management.
- Ensuring firm space is properly maintained by Arnold & Porter staff, outside vendors and building maintenance.
- Overseeing all in-house catering and conference room functions.
- Preparing the departmental budget and monitoring monthly variance reporting.
- Orchestrating office moves and conducting office tours.
- Participating in office event planning.
- Developing, updating and managing emergency response plans and logistics.
- Travelling between the San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of directly related experience in a law firm, corporate or professional class A building environment.
- Able to read and comprehend construction/working drawings and architectural design concepts.
- Knowledge of security access systems a plus.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment in order to plan and accomplish goals.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to strategically maintain financial/budgetary information.
- Effective leadership experience.
- Ability to be a change agent and drive new Firm initiatives.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic focus.
- Ability to define goals and follow though to achieve results.
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.