The Records Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Document Review Specialist in the Washington DC office. The Document Review Specialist is responsible for ensuring the firm’s Retention Policy is adhered. This includes tracking, retrieving, reviewing, transferring and destroying of client files.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking the closure of matters to obtain the disposition of files from billing and/or responsible attorney(s) or client.
- Retrieving, coordinating and organizing material for destruction under the guidelines of the firm’s records retention policy. Pulling material from archive boxes and on-site shelving areas and placing in secured shred bins for destruction purposes.
- Reviewing all client paper files prior to their release from the firm as the result of an attorney departure.
- Ensuring the firm’s records management system is updated in a timely manner with regards to the status of files that have been destroyed or transferred.
- Collaborating with attorneys and other legal staff with regards to material that should be maintained in hard copy form and/or destroyed.
- Monitoring firm-wide retention schedules for both physical and electronic files.
- Assisting the Manager, Records Center with notifying the appropriate party(s) to gain disposition instructions of client files.
- Retrieving, reviewing and coordinating the return of the appropriate client files to the client upon request.
- A minimum of two years of records management and/or legal assistant experience.
- A minimum typing speed of 40.
- Basic knowledge of scanning equipment.
- Experience with Records Management software.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a well as with a team.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the firm.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of the firm’s Records Management, Document Management systems and Document Retention Policy for electronic and physical files.
- Ability to handle a large volume of client material at any given time.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.